10. (NEW!) The American Red Cross: Blood donations are urgently needed at this time. Donation sites have careful safety protocols in place for donors. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule a donation appointment at a nearby site. There is a special need for plasma donations from those who have recovered from COVID-19.
9. ** Assist with weekend bags for children that go to local schools who are serving weekday
meals to children and supplement food needs for these children over the
weekend. Women Who Care Ministries, our partner for this project, is looking
for donations of the following items for bags in order of most needed: tuna
meal kits, mini cereal boxes, fruit cups, and apple sauce pouches. These items
can be dropped off at Keeley Connelly’s home. Email her at email@example.com. Women Who Care Ministries is also seeking
volunteers to pack bags at their facility (19642 Club House Rd. Suite 620) for
a two hour window Tuesdays or Wednesdays between 9am-5pm or Thursdays between
9am-2pm. Please bring your own mask and clean gloves for packing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Visit www.womenwhocareministries.org to learn more about this organization.
8. The NPC Call a Member, Call a Neighbor Challenge. Let's keep our church family and our neighbors encouraged during this time of social distancing. Will you commit to making two phone calls a day for the next four weeks? Take the time every day to call one church member and one neighbor to say hello and ask how they are doing. For an added challenge, try calling someone you have not spoken to in a long time or someone you have only seen at church but never met. Imagine the impact we can have in extending love and friendship to those around us, showing God’s kindness and compassion. If you need a church directory, please email Courtney at email@example.com. Our goal is for 50 church members to participate in this challenge. If you are participating, please email Courtney to say you're in on the challenge, and even to share an encouraging story from your calling time. We'll keep you posted on our path to 50 callers reaching out in love!
7. **Offer assistance to your neighbors who are isolating using this Bless Our City flier (click here to download and print). You can help with various things like picking up groceries and needed supplies. This flier also informs your neighbor about how our church can support them too.
6. **Utilize the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website to search for ongoing volunteer opportunities to serve our community. https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/volunteercenter/volunteers/covid19.html
5. Making cards and mailing them to Asbury Methodist Village residents since they cannot have visitors at this time. You can mail to “Resident” at 201 Russell Ave. Gaithersburg, MD 20877 or email to AMVSuggestionsBox@asbury.org
4. Making cards and/or video messages for homebound members of our congregation and others who are experiencing a difficult time. Email Jamie Swope for names and addresses firstname.lastname@example.org
3. **Assisting our deacons in supporting church members with meals and grocery shopping for those who may need it during this unprecedented season, like people at risk to be in public because of age or medical conditions or our first responders and medical professionals who are affected by this. Sign-up here.
2. **Donating pantry items to Germantown Help. Non-perishable needs include: breakfast cereals; spaghetti sauce; mac and cheese; peanut butter & jelly; tuna fish and other canned meats; canned fruits, vegetables, and soups; rice (2lbs or less); and pasta. Germantown Help is an organization NPC supports through local missions. To learn more visit https://germantownhelp.org/. Please coordinate with our local missions liaison Courtney Midlam for drop-off location email@example.com
1. **Drivers for Germantown HELP to deliver food packages to clients or to make bulk shopping runs. Need roomy vehicle and ability to lift packages/boxes. This is a strong need as this service is expected to become in high demand. To learn more, contact Courtney Midlam at firstname.lastname@example.org or the program director Cindy at email@example.com (301)482-1320.
**For projects that involve leaving your home, please follow government guidance to stay at home except for essential functions (such as getting groceries or medicine), keeping appropriate social distance and good hygiene practices. Do not go out if you are showing illness symptoms, have traveled recently, or have been exposed to someone with COVID19. If you are medically vulnerable or at higher risk to due to your age, we encourage you to bring others the love of Christ from your home rather than going out.
Stay tuned for other ways you can bless our city! These projects are evolving and growing. If you have an idea of a way to help, contact our Local Missions leaders Courtney Midlam firstname.lastname@example.org and Jim Hensley email@example.com.