We are currently in search of a Lead Pastor who will also function as head of staff, training and leading lay leaders and staff to fulfill God’s calling. For complete information about this position please click here to see our Church Profile/Job Description.
Our Youth Director will be tasked with providing leadership of student ministries together with lay leaders of Jr. and Sr. High ministries.
Vision for Position
- Our Youth Director will shepherd our youth ministry, building upon our successful program of making disciples of Jesus Christ among the next generation and equipping parents in their role as primary discipler of their children.
- The Youth Director will be working with lay leaders to develop, implement and oversee the discipleship, Christian education, and fellowship of our junior and senior high students; as well as outreach and evangelism of non-believing youth in our community.
- Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): Sunday school, weekly fellowship meetings, and facilitating youth membership, retreats, and mission trips.
- Maturing commitment to and growing love for Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- An active, meaningful life of prayer.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to connect with staff and congregation.
- Team player who can clearly articulate their perspective while appreciating lines of authority.
- Self-starter who welcomes a challenge and works well in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Strong administrative skills
- Follow the lead of our pastor(s) to create a well-planned and well-executed youth ministry.
- Attend Youth Committee meetings
- Provide administrative leadership and strategic planning of student ministries, working with Youth Ministry team and coordinating with Pastoral staff to ensure integration with the mission of the church.
- Seek out and develop mentoring and discipling relationships with students
- Participate and coordinate teacher rotation in Sunday School, weekly youth meetings, youth membership, retreats, and mission trips
- Integrate youth members into the life of the church
Requirements of Employment
This is a year round, part-time position, It is expected this person may involve 15 - 20 hours per week or more. Weekly work hours will be approved by the Head of Staff. Employment at Neelsville Presbyterian Church is at will employment and requires acceptance of personnel policies outlined in the Staff Handbook.
Hours: We expect this position to be a 15 - 20 hours/week (or more) commitment. Vacation and other time off approved with Head of Staff. The Youth Director is asked to track and submit hours worked.
To apply or for additional information, please contact Tamyra Porter at email@example.com or 202-297-3265
The Nursery Ministry Coordinator, beyond caring for the children, will fulfill the following duties as part of the job description:
- Plan Godly play and spiritual development experiences for children who attend nursery care. First worship hour: ages 0 - 2 years (Sunday school available for preschool at that time). Second worship hour: ages 0 - 1st grade, so that any children who aren't developmentally ready to attend worship with their families may go to the nursery room.
- Schedule additional nursery attendants so that two workers are present at all times when serving children.
- Serve as the contact for childcare needed for special services such as Christmas Eve, Lent, etc.
- Improve the condition of the room, collect appropriate toy donations, and keep supplies stocked.
- Build a team of volunteers to serve in the nursery from time to time as needed.
Qualities and skills desired:
- Love for the Lord.
- Belief that the Bible is the Lord's infallible word to His people.
- Leadership qualities including strong communication and interpersonal skills, organization skills, ability to manage time effectively.
- Love for children.
- Desire to grow and develop as a ministry leader.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Hours are expected to be 6 hours each week to include 2 hours of prep time and 4 hours every Sunday for nursery care. Additional time may be needed for special services throughout the year. Pay is hourly and will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
Kindly submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Personnel Chair